- A poem in the form of a speech or narrative by an imagined person, in which the speaker inadvertently reveals aspects of their character while describing a particular situation or series of events.More example sentences
- He has also written ballads, songs for children, dramatic monologues, narratives, and poetic anecdotes; his technique is not experimental, but the classical precision of his verse is rarely archaic.
- While the poems work as dramatic monologues in their own right, they are also metaphors for the human search for faith and truth, in art, religion and, yes, even voodoo dolls.
- Their case histories became question/answer poems and dramatic monologues.
More definitions of dramatic monologueDefinition of dramatic monologue in:
- The British & World English dictionary