- Checkers. See checker2 ( sense 2).More example sentences
- On this map the players play a military game of about the same complexity of draughts (checkers).
- The whole family took part in draughts, backgammon, and cards (which had been produced in Europe from medieval times).
- Games that do actually use skills of analysis include draughts and whist.
late Middle English: from draught; related to obsolete draught in the sense 'move' (in chess or any similar game); compare with French trait, from Latin tractus 'a dragging'.
More definitions of draughtsDefinition of draughts in:
- The British & World English dictionary