- A truck or cart for delivering beer barrels or other heavy loads, especially a low one without sides.More example sentences
- It is 30 years since Major John Bartholomew, former Wadworth chairman, decided to reintroduce shire horses to pull the drays that deliver beer to licensed premises in the town.
- The Duke is calling in on the brewery to mark the 30th anniversary of the return of horse-drawn drays for delivering beer to licensed premises in the town.
- He also said that a number of the drays that deliver the beer have been ‘debadged’ in a cost-saving measure.
late Middle English (denoting a sledge): perhaps from Old English dræge 'dragnet', related to dragan 'to pull' (see draw).
More definitions of drayDefinition of dray in:
- The British & World English dictionary