- 1A set of rules, usually written and posted, specifying the required manner of dress at a school, office, club, restaurant, etc.: while the dress code doesn’t require two-tone shoes, you will get turned away if you wear jeansMore example sentences
- Bermuda has strict decency and dress code rules which operate almost everywhere - golf courses, restaurants, hotels.
- I'd also be shocked to see a restaurant without a dress code.
- Since many clubs have a dress code, don't wear sneakers or jeans, unless you want to risk being banned from the club.
- 1.1The customary style of dress of a specified group: jeans or shorts, the standard dress code for producer typesMore example sentences
- Over the centuries they have mixed so thoroughly with the Han Chinese that they are indistinguishable from each other but for religion, customs and dress codes.
- Every generation or social tribe operates a bit like an exclusive club, with a dress code and admissions policy.
- Greenfield changed its dress code over the summer, and shorts and jeans are now passé, as are shirts lacking collars.