Definition of dress shirt in English:
1A man’s white shirt worn with a bow tie and a dinner jacket on formal occasions.
- His outfit consisted of a white cotton dress shirt with a black bow tie and matching shoes.
- A few minutes later Zack sauntered out of the bedroom in a full tuxedo (minus the dress shirt and bow tie, with his mother's black shoes).
- He wore a black tuxedo with a white dress shirt that was tied at the neck with a crisp gray and silver cravat and a soft lacy tie framing it.
1.1North American A man’s long-sleeved shirt, suitable for wearing with a tie.
- He was wearing a pair of plain, navy-blue slacks and a light blue, long sleeved dress shirt with the top button unbuttoned to reveal a white undershirt.
- Quickly I pulled out a pair of black pants, my white dress shirt, a black tie and a dark green sweater.
- Tristan was dressed smartly in a white dress shirt, black tie and pants.
Definition of dress shirt in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.