Definition of dress shirt in English:
1A man’s white shirt worn with a bow tie and a dinner jacket on formal occasions.
- His outfit consisted of a white cotton dress shirt with a black bow tie and matching shoes.
- A few minutes later Zack sauntered out of the bedroom in a full tuxedo (minus the dress shirt and bow tie, with his mother's black shoes).
- He wore a black tuxedo with a white dress shirt that was tied at the neck with a crisp gray and silver cravat and a soft lacy tie framing it.
1.1North American A man’s long-sleeved shirt, suitable for wearing with a tie.
- He was wearing a pair of plain, navy-blue slacks and a light blue, long sleeved dress shirt with the top button unbuttoned to reveal a white undershirt.
- Quickly I pulled out a pair of black pants, my white dress shirt, a black tie and a dark green sweater.
- Tristan was dressed smartly in a white dress shirt, black tie and pants.
Definition of dress shirt in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan