noun (plural dreys)
- The nest of a squirrel, typically in the form of a mass of twigs in a tree.More example sentences
- The Siberian flying squirrel is a nocturnal arboreal rodent, which nests in tree cavities, twig dreys, and nest-boxes.
- At another site it was decided to remove a grey squirrel from its winter drey.
- They rear their young in stick nests or ‘dreys’, are less active in winter, and do not hibernate or bury nuts as winter store.
early 17th century: of unknown origin.
More definitions of dreyDefinition of drey in:
- The British & World English dictionary