Definition of drink-driving in English:
British term for drunk driving.
- French police found that Paul was over the legal limit for drink-driving at the time of the crash.
- At the time of the chase, he was on bail for drink-driving and driving while banned.
- He has been released on bail, pending analysis of a blood sample, for drink-driving.
- Example sentences
- In other words, not all drink-drivers who watched the advertisements were caught by the police, and some who did not watch the advertisements were among those who were caught.
- The convicted drink-driver admitted to the officers he had ‘been in trouble with the police for violence’.
- We will be revealing the identity of convicted drink-drivers who shamelessly put lives at risk.
Pronunciation: /ˈdriNGk ˈˌdrīvər/noun
Definition of drink-driving in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.