Definition of dromaeosaurid in English:
A carnivorous bipedal dinosaur of a late Cretaceous family that included deinonychus and the velociraptors. They had a large slashing claw on each hind foot.
- Family Dromaeosauridae, suborder Theropoda, order Saurischia
- We know that it is a dromaeosaur, a theropod and relative of Velociraptor.
- This southern radiation parallels the spread of small theropods such as the dromaeosaurids, or ‘raptors,’ through the Northern Hemisphere during the same time period.
- Popular Science reviews the discovery of a well-preserved fossil of the ‘feathered’ dinosaur known as a dromaeosaur.
Definition of dromaeosaurid in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.