(also dromaeosaur /ˈdrōmēəˌsôr/)
Definition of dromaeosaurid in English:
A carnivorous bipedal dinosaur of a late Cretaceous family that included deinonychus and the velociraptors. They had a large slashing claw on each hind foot.
- Family Dromaeosauridae, suborder Theropoda, order Saurischia
- We know that it is a dromaeosaur, a theropod and relative of Velociraptor.
- This southern radiation parallels the spread of small theropods such as the dromaeosaurids, or ‘raptors,’ through the Northern Hemisphere during the same time period.
- Popular Science reviews the discovery of a well-preserved fossil of the ‘feathered’ dinosaur known as a dromaeosaur.
Definition of dromaeosaurid in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan