- (Of a metal object) made by forcing hot metal into or through a die with a drop hammer.More example sentences
- This hammer was 24 ounces and sold for $13.80 in April 1937 (compared to $1.20 for the top of the line drop-forged steel No.312 ball peen hammer).
- A 1/2-inch, drop-forged eyebolt from the hardware store screwed through the limb and secured with a round washer and nut should prove strong enough to hold the tire and its cargo.
- More example sentences
- It is also used for hot-work tools working at moderate temperatures, e.g. drop-forging dies.
- A study was made of the basic factors affecting the efficiency of lubricants for drop forging.
More definitions of drop-forgedDefinition of drop-forged in:
- The British & World English dictionary