Definition of drop-ship in English:
verb (drop-ships, drop-shipping, drop-shipped)[with object]
Move (goods) from the manufacturer directly to the retailer without going through the usual distribution channels: the shopping network has begun drop-shipping orders taken by telephone or over the Internet
More example sentences
- You can save your customer extra shipping charges by drop-shipping the ammo from the factory to the training facility.
- At lunch in Chicago with an executive of one of the industry's megadistributors, however, he gets nowhere with his bid for a major drop-ship deal.
- He describes his company's market space precisely: ‘We target companies that need strong project accounting, as well as the ability to do distribution of products - specifically, nonstock, drop-shipped, serial-numbered items.’
- drop shipment noun
- Example sentences
- Via drop shipment, you can sell first-rate merchandise on your site and make a healthy profit, but without actually having to stock and ship product.
- According to Turner, the trend in fluid milk is moving away from DSD towards palletized delivery and drop shipment delivery.
Definition of drop-ship in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.