- An external fuel tank on an aircraft that can be jettisoned when empty.More example sentences
- It didn't take me too long to visit the web site of the Cavanaugh Flight Museum and see, among the few items exhibited that are not actual airplanes, a drop tank!
- When I manned up, I noticed the left drop tank was only half full.
- The other pilots stated that they were still on their first drop tank.
More definitions of drop tankDefinition of drop tank in:
- The British & World English dictionary