The action or offense of driving a motor vehicle while under the influence of drugs, typically ones that are illegal: police are about to crack down on drug-driving
More example sentences
- The Government will then decide how to proceed with new laws to curb the growing problem of drug-driving.
- Current research suggests drug-driving may now be a worse problem than drink-driving.
- The campaign was launched as new statistics showed fatalities caused by drug-driving rose from 18 per cent to 25 per cent in the last three years.
- Example sentences
- The RAC said: "The camera can't catch the drink-driver, drug-driver, tail-gater or dangerous driver."
- The proposed drugs tests called FIT (Field Impairment Tests) were first introduced in the US in the 1970s to catch drug-drivers.
- The discovery was made when all eight Scottish police forces recently targeted drug-drivers over a 48-hour period as part of the nationwide Know the Score campaign.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of drug-driving in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.