- A type of vehicle brake in which brake shoes press against the inside of a drum on the wheel.More example sentences
- In addition, the plant produces corner modules, disc brake calipers, drum brakes and wheel cylinders.
- Studies have shown that disc brakes grab faster and hold longer than drum brakes.
- ‘Their purchasing department told us that drum brakes cost less than discs,’ he said, ‘and that's true on a strict part-for-part basis.’
More definitions of drum brakeDefinition of drum brake in:
- The British & World English dictionary