- A stroke or pattern of strokes on a drum: she was aware of a constant, faint drumbeatMore example sentences
- All too often, particularly in the early days of modern dance, the class was done to the simple rhythms of a drumbeat.
- The clanking sounded systematic somehow; not rhythmic like a drumbeat in music, yet purposeful.
- The others joined in a second later, bashing out the bass line and the drumbeat with the force of a hurricane.
More definitions of drumbeatDefinition of drumbeat in:
- The British & World English dictionary