- 1A person who plays a drum or drums.More example sentences
- The studios have pianists and sometimes drummers or other musicians who improvise as the dancers dance.
- They reached their instruments and the drummer gave a drum roll to signify that they were ready.
- Each Scottish regiment also has pipers and drummers but these pipe bands are made up of combat soldiers, and are less formal than brass bands.
- 2 • informal , chiefly US A traveling sales representative: a drummer in electronic software[from drum up (see drum1)]More example sentences
- Her sumptuous meals caused drummers to arrange their schedules so they could stay at Miss Cora's.
- Their meeting in the cars is entirely fitting because Drouet is a creation of the city and the train, a traveling drummer for a leading Chicago dry-goods house.
More definitions of drummerDefinition of drummer in:
- The British & World English dictionary