Definition of drummer in English:
1A person who plays a drum or drums.
- The studios have pianists and sometimes drummers or other musicians who improvise as the dancers dance.
- They reached their instruments and the drummer gave a drum roll to signify that they were ready.
- Each Scottish regiment also has pipers and drummers but these pipe bands are made up of combat soldiers, and are less formal than brass bands.
2 informal , chiefly US A traveling sales representative: a drummer in electronic software
[From drum up (see drum1)]
More example sentences
- Her sumptuous meals caused drummers to arrange their schedules so they could stay at Miss Cora's.
- Their meeting in the cars is entirely fitting because Drouet is a creation of the city and the train, a traveling drummer for a leading Chicago dry-goods house.
Words that rhyme with drummerbummer, comer, hummer, midsummer, mummer, plumber, rummer, strummer, summa, summer
Definition of drummer in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan