(also drum roll)
- A rapid succession of beats sounded on a drum, often used to introduce an announcement or event.More example sentences
- So, let's get a drum roll going and announce the winners.
- Each of them held a card in their hands, and with a drum roll, Mrs. Livingston announced the Prom Princes.
- The laying of the wreathes was done by name and followed by ‘Amazing Grace ‘on the bagpipes, a drum roll and a salute on the trumpet.
More definitions of drumrollDefinition of drumroll in:
- The British & World English dictionary