Definition of dry point in English:
1.1An engraving or print produced with a dry point needle.
- She has toiled assiduously to establish her reputation as Australia's preeminent printmaker, working as she has with large dry-points, embossings, etchings, and monoprints.
- Picasso gave Apollinaire a copy of the dry point, The Bath, which the poet evokes in one of his first two articles on the artist's work.
1.2Engraving by means of a dry point needle.
- In dry-point the etcher commences at once upon the bare copper plate without any ground.
- This is my first attempt with dry point, a craft that has been around for centuries.
- This process involves etching, engraving, dry point, aquatint, mezzotint, linocut and wood block.
Definition of dry point in:
- British & World English dictionary