Definition of dry point in English:
1.1An engraving or print produced with a dry point needle.
- She has toiled assiduously to establish her reputation as Australia's preeminent printmaker, working as she has with large dry-points, embossings, etchings, and monoprints.
- Picasso gave Apollinaire a copy of the dry point, The Bath, which the poet evokes in one of his first two articles on the artist's work.
1.2Engraving by means of a dry point needle.
- In dry-point the etcher commences at once upon the bare copper plate without any ground.
- This is my first attempt with dry point, a craft that has been around for centuries.
- This process involves etching, engraving, dry point, aquatint, mezzotint, linocut and wood block.
Definition of dry point in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan