- 1A shaft or chamber constructed in the ground in order to aid drainage, sometimes containing pumping equipment.More example sentences
- Drain water from pools, hot tubs and roof drains to a ditch or separate dry well.
- If that is not possible, dig a 2-foot by 2-foot dry well for the pipe to discharge into.
- Big Jim fell through the planks covering a dry well while preaching, dying with holy words in his mouth and a glimpse of the stars at noon.
- 2 another term for dry hole.
More definitions of dry wellDefinition of dry well in:
- The British & World English dictionary