- An oil that thickens or hardens on exposure to air, especially one used by artists in mixing paint.More example sentences
- The gold leaf is laid over an oil-based adhesive, essentially oil paint consisting of a drying oil and pigment.
- He had similarly sought further reductions in tariffs on wool, coal, wheat, apples, macadamia nuts, sultanas, wine, and specialized drying oils.
- Water-repellent preservatives are mixtures of a solvent such as mineral spirits or other paint thinners, wax, a resin or drying oil and a wood preservative.
More definitions of drying oilDefinition of drying oil in:
- The British & World English dictionary