(also dry farming)
nounchiefly North American
- A method of farming in semiarid areas without the aid of irrigation, using drought-resistant crops and conserving moisture.More example sentences
- He developed dry farming and irrigation methods.
- This latter group of small private producers combine livestock with dry farming and are referred to in this paper as small landowners.
- In Italy, dry farming with little irrigation was the norm.
More definitions of dryland farmingDefinition of dryland farming in:
- The British & World English dictionary