- (Of a stone wall) built without using mortar.More example sentences
- However, were the same stones to be constructed into a drystone wall (which uses no mortar and no method of fixing the wall to the ground) on a farm, the wall obviously would form part of the land of the farm.
- It helped re-build drystone walls, it put stepping stones across becks, it restored, and is still restoring, hundreds of acres of woodland, landscaped village greens and helped refurbish village halls.
- Its construction is just amazing: layers of hand-carved stone, built like a circular drystone wall, with a tapering, turf-covered roof.
More definitions of drystoneDefinition of drystone in:
- The British & World English dictionary