Definition of dual control in English:
(Of an aircraft or a vehicle) having two sets of controls, one of which is used by the instructor: a dual-control pilot trainer
More example sentences
- This particular Sea Fury was used as a dual-control trainer for pilots.
- The airplane actually has a complete and functional second cockpit and will be equipped with removable superstructures allowing the aircraft to operate as either a single-seat fighter or dual-control trainer.
- In 1946, Vought built up a dual-control Corsair from a standard F4U- 1 aircraft with the designation V - 354.
noun(usually dual controls) Back to top
Two sets of controls in an aircraft or vehicle.
- The Ka - 60 helicopter can be fitted with dual controls.
- The pilot and co-pilot had dual controls and sat side by side behind the observer.
- I also decided to install a second seat and dual controls and that took a bit of work designing the system.
Definition of dual control in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan