- The chemical element of atomic number 105, a very unstable element made by high-energy atomic collisions. (Symbol: Db) See also hahnium, joliotium.More example sentences
- Following up on berkelium, dubnium and californium, researchers at the University of Berkely in California, stumbled upon am element with atomic number 117 about a year ago.
- For instance, after five alpha particles have been emitted we are left with element 105, which is called dubnium.
- Similar controversies attended the much more recent synthesis and naming of the heaviest element of the group, dubnium.
1967: modern Latin, from Dubna in Russia, site of the Joint Nuclear Institute.
More definitions of dubniumDefinition of dubnium in:
- The British & World English dictionary