1A young duck.
- How wonderful it is to see the mother duck struggling to bring up her young brood of ducklings on Clifton Backies.
- He sings the praises of George, an elderly goose which has apparently taken a family of young ducklings under his wing and regularly helps shepherd them across the road.
- The final highlight was a mother American Black Duck and her brood of ducklings.
1.1The flesh of a young duck as food.
- Dishes included Cajun chicken, beef steak and mushroom pot, roast duckling and Cumberland sausage as well as a number of Indian balti offerings and blackboard specials.
- Mr Maclaine ordered the honey and pepper crusted duckling with a thyme polenta cake and a caramelised pear and vanilla bean béarnaise.
- In England the most familiar and excellent combination is roast duckling with apple sauce and peas, a dish of the late spring.
Words that rhyme with ducklingbuckling, Suckling
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of duckling in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.