- A game of throwing flat stones so that they skim along the surface of water.More example sentences
- I would be more concerned about how much longer they will have water to play ducks and drakes on.
play ducks and drakes with
- Trifle with; treat frivolously.More example sentences
- The oil companies are playing ducks and drakes with the Department and the Minister.
- If you find Junior playing ducks and drakes, keep your cool.
- Instead, a writer of fiction is usually the happier for his ignorance, and better for having played ducks and drakes with his cultural opportunities.
late 16th century: from the movement of the stone over the water.
More definitions of ducks and drakesDefinition of ducks and drakes in:
- The British & World English dictionary