- 1play ducks and drakes with
- Trifle with; treat frivolously.Example sentences
- The oil companies are playing ducks and drakes with the Department and the Minister.
- If you find Junior playing ducks and drakes, keep your cool.
- Instead, a writer of fiction is usually the happier for his ignorance, and better for having played ducks and drakes with his cultural opportunities.
Late 16th century: from the movement of the stone over the water.
Definition of ducks and drakes in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.