Definition of dulse in English:
A dark red edible seaweed with flattened branching fronds.
- Rhodymenia palmata, division Rhodophyta
- Good sources include sea fish, sea vegetables (kelp, dulse, hijiki, nori and kombu) and iodized salt.
- This includes various seaweeds such as kelp or dulse, certain mineral salts such as sodium sulfate (Glauber's salts) and certain plants.
- Kelp, dulse and sodium alginate are excellent as toxic-chelators to eliminate them from the body.
early 17th century: from Irish and Scottish Gaelic duileasg.
Definition of dulse in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan