- 1In accordance with what is required or appropriate; following proper procedure or arrangement: a document duly signed and authorized by the inspector the ceremony duly began at midnightMore example sentences
- She spoke on the phone to Joe and asked for a visiting order, which duly arrived on the following Thursday.
- So long as the man holds the office, and exercises it duly and in accordance with law, his orders are not a nullity.
- CDs were duly signed to finish things off and we have two to give away to lucky competition winners this week.
- 1.1As might be expected or predicted: I used the tent and was duly impressedMore example sentences
- Certainly any tourist looking at the performers list and site would be duly impressed.
- The ancient sage, Vatsayana, would be duly impressed if he were to see any of our film dance.
- When we came into the house Dolly was waiting for us, expecting to be admired, which duly happened.