Definition of dumb cane in English:
A thick-stemmed plant with large variegated leaves, native to tropical America and widely grown as a houseplant.
- Genus Dieffenbachia, family Araceae: several species, in particular the Caribbean D. seguine, which has a poisonous sap that swells the tongue and temporarily disables the power of speech
- A friend gave me a 5 feet tall dumb cane and I find saps on both the tips and the edges of the leaves.
- Finally, the two main insects to be looking for on dumb cane are mealy bugs and spider mites.
- For example, azaleas, calla lilies, dumb canes and oleanders are plants to avoid or to use with caution.
Definition of dumb cane in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan