Definition of dumb cane in English:
A thick-stemmed plant with large variegated leaves, native to tropical America and widely grown as a houseplant.
- Genus Dieffenbachia, family Araceae: several species, in particular the Caribbean D. seguine, which has a poisonous sap that swells the tongue and temporarily disables the power of speech
- A friend gave me a 5 feet tall dumb cane and I find saps on both the tips and the edges of the leaves.
- Finally, the two main insects to be looking for on dumb cane are mealy bugs and spider mites.
- For example, azaleas, calla lilies, dumb canes and oleanders are plants to avoid or to use with caution.
Definition of dumb cane in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.