- 1Blue jeans or overalls.More example sentences
- The kid staggers away from me swaying dangerously, shrugging his dungarees off his shoulders and pulling the top off awkwardly, like he's not in control of his body.
- I enjoyed watching her work in her so-called summer dungarees, which were actually just old coveralls with the legs lopped off below the hip pockets.
- Walking in, he sported a red sleeveless shirt with khaki gym shorts, but now, he advertises a Texas football club on his torso, very little of anything on his head, and blue dungarees.
- 2 [in singular] (dungaree) North American Blue denim.More example sentences
- The business grew and they got into men's ready-to-wear and, in the 1960s, added such stylish items as dungarees during the denim revolution.
- I think I may have worn a pair of the double-knee dungarees for six or seven hundred days straight.
- On this school day, Matt was wearing dungarees and a cute baseball cap, the hat perfectly shading his blue eyes.
late 17th century (in the sense 'cotton cloth from India'); from Hindi duṅgrī.
More definitions of dungareesDefinition of dungarees in:
- The British & World English dictionary