- A length of material worn as a scarf or head covering, typically with a salwar, by women from South Asia.More example sentences
- And for that ethnic look, salwar kameez dress materials with unique dupattas and readymade tops from Mangalagiri, Chirala and Nalgonda weavers make a luring buy.
- Sarees, dupattas and dress material exhibited here are made of silk, cotton, tissue and tussar.
- Craftspersons in the region now turn out an impressive range of merchandise, which includes salwar kameez, shawls, dupattas, patchwork quilts, stuffed toys, purses and stylish footwear.
from Hindi dupaṭṭā.
More definitions of dupattaDefinition of dupatta in:
- The British & World English dictionary