1Deceitful: treacherous, duplicitous behavior
More example sentences
- This relates to American exceptionalism, which makes great allowances for seemingly hypocritical or duplicitous behavior as conducted by our leaders.
- But it's deceptive, duplicitous, and deceitful.
- How quickly it got duplicitous, deceitful, diabolical, and it just came out really in last episode where the beginning of an alliance was forming.
1.1 Law (Of a charge or plea) containing more than one allegation.
- A count in an indictment charging such a Conspiracy Offence would not be duplicitous.
- The indictment was not duplicitous or in any way defective, but accurately encapsulated that allegation.
Words that rhyme with duplicitouscomplicitous, felicitous, solicitous
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of duplicitous in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.