A Eurasian oak tree with stalkless, egg-shaped acorns. Also called sessile oak.
- Quercus petraea, family Fagaceae
More example sentences
- Get through the few fields near the village and slowly enter into a wood of durmast oaks, turkey oaks and hornbeam.
- By contrast, the acorns of durmast oak are either stalkless or have very short stalks less than 0.3 cm. long, and it is this sessile feature which gives this species its common name.
- Turning to trees, you'll see holm oaks and durmast oaks, chestnut trees, beeches, the occasional poplar, and maritime pines.
More definitions of durmast oakDefinition of durmast oak in:
- The British & World English dictionary