Definition of dusty miller in English:
A plant of the daisy family with whitish or grayish foliage.
- Several species in the family Compositae, in particular the cultivated Artemisia stellerana of North America and Senecio cineraria of the Mediterranean
- Heliotrope is never invasive, so it can be grown in patio containers where vinca, dusty miller, or marigolds make attractive companions for its delicate flowers.
- Artemesia, plectranthus, snake plant and dusty miller are often used in summer for the color and texture of their foliage.
- The foliage of dusty miller, ivy, and lamb's ears also dries nicely and contrasts well with the blooms.
early 19th century: named from the fine powder on the flowers and leaves.
Definition of dusty miller in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan