Definition of duty cycle in English:
1The cycle of operation of a machine or other device that operates intermittently rather than continuously.
- The technical specifications of a tape drive indicate how high a duty cycle it will best operate in.
- Reliability numbers are based and predicated on an expected duty cycle and mode of operation.
- In terms of intermittent exercise, this means the duty cycle must decrease as exercise intensity increases if the exercise is to be repeated without a decline in performance.
1.1The time occupied by this, especially as a percentage of available time.
- If you run it at 80% duty cycle, now you're optimizing your reliability on that particular engine.
- The specimen was illuminated with an LED that was strobed with a 1/8 duty cycle synchronous with the voltage drive to the sound source.
- A 100% duty cycle was chosen for ultrasound application.
Definition of duty cycle in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan