- 1The cycle of operation of a machine or other device that operates intermittently rather than continuously.More example sentences
- The technical specifications of a tape drive indicate how high a duty cycle it will best operate in.
- Reliability numbers are based and predicated on an expected duty cycle and mode of operation.
- In terms of intermittent exercise, this means the duty cycle must decrease as exercise intensity increases if the exercise is to be repeated without a decline in performance.
- 1.1The time occupied by this, especially as a percentage of available time.More example sentences
- If you run it at 80% duty cycle, now you're optimizing your reliability on that particular engine.
- The specimen was illuminated with an LED that was strobed with a 1/8 duty cycle synchronous with the voltage drive to the sound source.
- A 100% duty cycle was chosen for ultrasound application.
More definitions of duty cycleDefinition of duty cycle in:
- The British & World English dictionary