- An officer, especially in the police or armed forces, who is on duty at a particular time.More example sentences
- The duty officer ordered police not to confront the offenders but to call for back-up from nearby stations.
- If cells reach capacity the duty officer informs other officers to take suspects to neighbouring boroughs.
- After the word went out of the motorcyclist's death, the gun-totting prince went to the local police station and threatened the duty officer with dire consequences if the incident was made public, according to the reports.
More definitions of duty officerDefinition of duty officer in:
- The British & World English dictionary