- A coalition of two people having joint authority or influence.More example sentences
- Townshend remained in office until his resignation in 1730, and for most of the 1720s the ministry should be seen as a duumvirate.
- The duumvirate that has governed New Labour for a decade is just about stable…
- Adding to latent mistrust of West Paksitan among Bengalis was the duumvirate's removal of him from Prime Ministership.
mid 17th century: from Latin duumviratus.
More definitions of duumvirateDefinition of duumvirate in:
- The British & World English dictionary