1A blank DVD on which data, including music and movies, can be permanently recorded and read using the DVD-R format.
- After recording, DVD-R discs can be read at the same rate as mass-produced replicated discs, depending on the ‘X’ factor of the DVD-ROM drive used.
- However, today's DVD-RAM drives also read and write DVD-R to provide for the data interchange function.
- Its format of choice is DVD + RW, which is able to read DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD-RW and DVD + RW, but not DVD-RAM (it writes in DVD + RW format).
1.1A format for recordable DVDs used by some companies.
- If you have an old system, one that has had a lot of problems with reading DVDs, then DVD-R might not be for you.
- If you want to send me a movie that you produced on DVD-R or DVD-RAM, we may view it on my desktop DVD-RAM system or on the DVD recorder we're buying later this year.
- DVD-RW is the rewritable version of DVD-R and is also compatible with many of the newer DVD-ROM drives and DVD-Video players.
Abbreviation of DVD recordable.
Definition of DVD+R in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan