- (In medical or technical contexts) unusually or abnormally low stature or small size.More example sentences
- Mutations in the transmembrane domain of FGFR3 cause the most common genetic form of dwarfism, achondroplasia.
- There was no history of familial dwarfism or known exposure to teratogenic drugs.
- The problem, according to Martin, is that while the body size of a large species shrinks considerably in cases of island dwarfism, brain size shrinks moderately.
More definitions of dwarfismDefinition of dwarfism in:
- The British & World English dictionary