Definition of dysmorphia in English:
Deformity or abnormality in the shape or size of a specified part of the body: muscle dysmorphia
More example sentences
- Physical examinations revealed facial dysmorphia and ichthyosis in both children.
- Clinical features in affected kittens were observed from birth and included failure to thrive, behavioral dullness, facial dysmorphia, and ataxia.
Late 19th century: from Greek dusmorphia 'misshapenness, ugliness', from dus- dys- + morphē 'form'.
- Example sentences
- The phenotype is subtle, with minor dysmorphic features and developmental delay during childhood.
- Lead screening and metabolic testing should be considered if there is a history of lethargy, cyclic vomiting, early seizures, dysmorphic features, or mental retardation.
- The examiners, who had received previous training in the assessment of physical and dysmorphic characteristics, examined the offspring for any clinical signs or abnormalities.
Definition of dysmorphia in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan