- Difficulty or discomfort in swallowing, as a symptom of disease: progressive dysphagiaMore example sentences
- We previously reported that ACE inhibitors may cure symptomless dysphagia in hypertensive patients with stroke.
- The investigation of choice for dysphagia by gastroenterologists or upper gastrointestinal surgeons is flexible endoscopy.
- A 50 year old man presented with a two week history of a flu-like illness and four days of dysarthria, dysphagia, shortness of breath, and neck discomfort.
late 18th century: modern Latin, from dys- + Greek phagia 'eating' (from phagein 'eat').
More definitions of dysphagiaDefinition of dysphagia in:
- The British & World English dictionary