- A protein found in skeletal muscle, which is absent in sufferers from muscular dystrophy.More example sentences
- Muscle-generating stem cells can improve muscle regeneration and deliver the missing protein dystrophin to damaged muscles in a mouse muscular dystrophy model, according to a recent study.
- However, in vitro studies have failed to detect any bundling of actin by either intact dystrophin or Dys - 246.
- The hallmark of muscular dystrophy is that muscle cells die due to a lack of the muscle protein dystrophin.
More definitions of dystrophinDefinition of dystrophin in:
- The British & World English dictionary