- All were extremely enthusiastic, and eager for everyone on the course to do well.
- I was fascinated to watch her plying her trade to the many young girls eager for her wares.
- I can understand that Blackburn are eager for a reply but I cannot give them my decision yet.
- Kit nodded and leapt to her feet, an eager expression appearing on her face as she did so.
- Bridge leaned over and glanced at the maps with an eager expression on her face.
- Ryne flinched at the overly eager, overly loud voice that greeted his arrival back home.
See anxious (usage).
Middle English (also in the sense 'sharp to the senses, pungent, sour'): from Old French aigre 'keen', from Latin acer, acr- 'sharp, pungent'.
Words that rhyme with eagerAntigua, beleaguer, bodega, intriguer, leaguer, meagre (US meager), reneger, Riga, Seeger, Vega
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.