Definition of ear-piercing in English:
Loud and shrill: the alarm emits an ear-piercing screech
More example sentences
- Then Stefan let out a loud ear-piercing scream.
- Letting his wavy brown hair cover his darkened eyes, a shrill, ear-piercing scream filled the hallways.
- The only reply he received was a shrill, blood-curdling, ear-piercing scream that seemed to echo in the small, still room.
nounBack to top
The practice of making holes in the lobes or edges of the ears to allow the wearing of earrings.
- There's a lot of kind of tribal-type decoration and tattoos and ear-piercings and people would cut up their clothes in a very careful way.
- Sitting next to her was a young man with a shaved head, topknot of hair, ear-piercings you could fit a dinner plate in, tattoos and a leather notebook in which he was writing.
- I thought myself a feisty, little girl with my short, spiked hair and my three ear-piercings and fake nose ring.
Definition of ear-piercing in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India