- Money derived from paid work. Often contrasted with unearned income.More example sentences
- Most wealthy Americans make the majority of their money off of capital gains, not earned income.
- Reducing your expenses is a more efficient way to save than trying to earn more money, because earned income is subject to federal and state taxes.
- If your child has earned income, filing a tax return will create room for Registered Retirement Savings Plan contribution.
More definitions of earned incomeDefinition of earned income in:
- The British & World English dictionary