noun[with adjective or noun modifier]
- 1A person who obtains money in return for labor or services: higher rates of income tax for high earners a wage earnerMore example sentences
- This Government controls the amount of money that middle-income earners in New Zealand will get in their pockets.
- Listed in Forbes as one of the top five money earners in his profession, Nobu is on first-name terms with many of Hollywood's élite.
- It is taking money away from the earners and putting it through the Government coffers.
- 1.1An activity or product that brings in income of a specified kind or level: tobacco is a major foreign currency earnerMore example sentences
- Tourism, a major foreign currency earner, has plummeted by 40 percent.
- This silly hodgepodge of a movie was made by Universal as a follow-up to The Black Cat, because the previous film was their top earner that year.
- The department horticulture research officer said the area had the potential to become a major income earner.
More definitions of earnerDefinition of earner in:
- The British & World English dictionary