Definition of earpiece in English:
1The part of a telephone, radio receiver, or other aural device that is applied to the ear during use.
- And when riders do get away, the others hear all about it in their radio earpieces.
- Hands-free earpieces for cellphones do not necessarily cut the brain's exposure to microwaves
- Just plug in the phone earpiece and then jot down notes easily on the hybrid device.
2The part of a pair of glasses that fits around the ear.
- In the Hunterian Museum at the Royal College of Surgeons of England is a silver nose, painted pink, affixed to a pair of wire earpieces.
- Mrs. D. wanted me to take my glasses on and off, chew on the earpieces, essentially turn them into a prop.
- I closed my eyes and took off my glasses, my hand automatically hooking the earpiece on the pocket of my coat.
Words that rhyme with earpiecemouthpiece • showpiece
Definition of earpiece in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.