Definition of earpiece in English:
1The part of a telephone, radio receiver, or other aural device that is applied to the ear during use.
- And when riders do get away, the others hear all about it in their radio earpieces.
- Hands-free earpieces for cellphones do not necessarily cut the brain's exposure to microwaves
- Just plug in the phone earpiece and then jot down notes easily on the hybrid device.
2The part of a pair of glasses that fits around the ear.
- In the Hunterian Museum at the Royal College of Surgeons of England is a silver nose, painted pink, affixed to a pair of wire earpieces.
- Mrs. D. wanted me to take my glasses on and off, chew on the earpieces, essentially turn them into a prop.
- I closed my eyes and took off my glasses, my hand automatically hooking the earpiece on the pocket of my coat.
Words that rhyme with earpiecemouthpiece • showpiece
Definition of earpiece in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan