Definition of earth mother in English:
1(In mythology and primitive religion) a goddess symbolizing fertility and the source of life.
- The mother and child is also a symbol of the procreative, regenerative power of the Goddess, the earth mother, the fecundity of primal matter and again darkness.
- Well your own thoughts seem to have changed, despite this wonderful image that you've just drawn for us of connecting to the earth mother.
- From the Greeks we inherit the concept of Gaea, or Gaia, the earth mother that gives rise to life in all its complexities.
1.1A sensual and maternal woman.
- There is gentle humour here amid point-scoring office jealousies and a slow-ticking potential romance with single mum, earth mother and school teacher Wavey.
- This is not an ideal picnic, I said loudly, or something to that effect, causing some barefoot earth mothers to look over.
- At the same time, she conveys the spiritual warmth of an earth mother.
Definition of earth mother in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan