- The glow caused by sunlight reflected off the earth, especially on the darker portion of a crescent moon.More example sentences
- Traditional folklore refers to this as the ‘Old Moon in the New Moon's arms ’, a phenomenon created by earthshine - the reflection of light from the Earth back onto the surface of the Moon.
- The measurements of albedo from earthlight for the most part sense the reflectivity of low-latitude zones because the Moon is situated roughly in the Earth's equatorial plane.
- They also felt that operating under earthshine or lunar noon were feasible, as long as thermal conditions were understood.
More definitions of earthshineDefinition of earthshine in:
- The British & World English dictionary