Definition of Easter in English:
1The most important and oldest festival of the Christian Church, celebrating the resurrection of Jesus Christ and held (in the Western Church) between March 21 and April 25, on the first Sunday after the first full moon following the northern spring equinox.
- Two Easters are celebrated in Lebanon (both in late March or early April) - the Greek Orthodox date, and the date for the rest of the Christian population.
- The date of the spring equinox determines the date of Easter so the church began to press for reform.
- May the peace we can all know in Christ be yours this Easter and may the feet of God always walk with you.
1.1The period in which Easter occurs, especially the weekend from Good Friday to Easter Monday.
- Eastgate promotions manager Mike Horton said: ‘This will be one of the most active Easters ever in terms of family entertainment at Eastgate.’
- We are normally fully booked for Easter and the weekends in March are also very busy.
- The leader of the remnant of the Conservatives is to climb each peak on successive days over Easter.
Words that rhyme with EasterBatista, Dniester, feaster, keister, leister, quaestor
Definition of Easter in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.