- Two Easters are celebrated in Lebanon (both in late March or early April) - the Greek Orthodox date, and the date for the rest of the Christian population.
- The date of the spring equinox determines the date of Easter so the church began to press for reform.
- May the peace we can all know in Christ be yours this Easter and may the feet of God always walk with you.
- Eastgate promotions manager Mike Horton said: ‘This will be one of the most active Easters ever in terms of family entertainment at Eastgate.’
- We are normally fully booked for Easter and the weekends in March are also very busy.
- The leader of the remnant of the Conservatives is to climb each peak on successive days over Easter.
Old English ēastre; of Germanic origin and related to German Ostern and east. According to Bede the word is derived from Ēastre, the name of a goddess associated with spring.
Words that rhyme with EasterBatista, Dniester, feaster, keister, leister, quaestor
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of Easter in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.