Definition of easy money in English:
1Money obtained by dubious means or for little work.
- They are enjoying unprecedented wealth, earning easy money from the lucrative gambling trade which now funds their previously impoverished communities.
- Maybe he thought he'd like some easy money like the tips his friends the airport and hotel staff get?
- It may look like easy money, but renting out is not all plain sailing.
1.1Money available at relatively low interest.
- Nowadays the market is inflated with a flood of cheap and easy money and exceptionally low interest rates in order to convince folks that an economic mend is on the horizon.
- Fourth, easy money from the Federal Reserve has lowered the cost of 1-to 3-year bank loans, which many small businesses depend on.
- All that easy money floating around (money supply has increased by more than five times since the early 80s) has to find its way somewhere.
Definition of easy money in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan