1Money obtained by dubious means or for little work.
- They are enjoying unprecedented wealth, earning easy money from the lucrative gambling trade which now funds their previously impoverished communities.
- Maybe he thought he'd like some easy money like the tips his friends the airport and hotel staff get?
- It may look like easy money, but renting out is not all plain sailing.
1.1Money available at relatively low interest.
- Nowadays the market is inflated with a flood of cheap and easy money and exceptionally low interest rates in order to convince folks that an economic mend is on the horizon.
- Fourth, easy money from the Federal Reserve has lowered the cost of 1-to 3-year bank loans, which many small businesses depend on.
- All that easy money floating around (money supply has increased by more than five times since the early 80s) has to find its way somewhere.
For editors and proofreaders
Syllabification: eas·y mon·ey
Definition of easy money in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.